A compilation of animator Bill Plympton's classic shorts, including "Your Face", "How to Kiss", "One of Those Days", "25 Ways to Quit Smoking", "Plymptoons", "Nosehair" and "How to Make Love to a Woman". In between, an animated version of Bill answers questions about his life and career.
|Release Date||:||October 15, 2017|
This is a compilation of Bill Plympton animated shorts using his signature hand-drawn, color pencil technique of animation.
1) Your Face (1987) - his first Oscar-nominated animated short; a surreal exploration of the human face.
2) One of Those Days (1988) - about a very unlucky guy.
3) How to Kiss (1989) - This one is really about kissing. A comic pseudo-instructional piece.
4) 25 Ways to Quit Smoking (1989) - 25 tongue-in-cheek methods for ceasing the habit, if you survive the attempts.
5) Plymptoons (1990) - various animated spoofs and jokes.
6) Draw! (1993) - a western gunfight.
7) Nosehair (1994) - a man at war with a nosehair.
8) Eat (2001) - the restaurant blues; a 2001 Cannes Film Festival winner. Just don't lose it. Your lunch, that is.
9) Parking (2003) - the parking lot attendant with a 'grass' problem.
Mondo Plympton is highly recommended to animation and film history buffs or anyone else with a sense of the bizarre and an appreciation of the different.